Episode 0 - Is This Thing On?
– Your co-hosts are Andy Willingham and Martin Fisher.
– News analysis and general yankee-ness brought to you by Steve Ragan.
– You can find out more about this motley crew at the website.
Announcement, Gossip, and Smack Talk
– Welcome again to the zeroeth episode of the SFS Podcast. Follow us on Twitter (@SFSPodcast) where we’ll be tweeting about new episodes & interviews.
– The podcast is intended to fill the gap between the technical podcasts on security and Security Now. We’ll be focusing on operations, leadership, and news items that you may have missed the week before.
– We want the podcast to be friendly, funny, and make it so you can listen to it with your kids in the car. Nothing against Pauldotcom and Exotic Liability (we listen to them too!) but we wanted to do something a little bit different…
News and Other Items of Distraction
Stock iPhones can be hijacked too – surprised?
-It isn’t shocking that a malicious application from the app store can do what is described in the research notes, is it?
-This isn’t cause for panic, but Apple could take his recommendations to heart.
CDC Malware and CAT Malware
-What do you think about the rash of Malware attacks and scams moving as of late? They seem to be everywhere.
-Is there really a way to fight them? If not where should the energy be focused?
Adobe and MSFT plan patches
– From IT’s PoV what is good and bad about Patch Tuesday?
– Should it be changed?
– What do you think of the IE listing?
– Why is IE6 still around???
Upcoming Features & Events
– “Redneck Security Moment of the Month”
– The Atlanta Shmoobus….
Playing Your Part
– Did you like the podcast? Great! We like 20’s and 50’s with non-sequential serial numbers…
– Did you not like the podcast? Tell us how we can do better by adding comments below. We’ll read each one – we promise!
Get Your Download Here!!