Episode 4 - Aurora Boarallofus
– Your co-hosts are Andy Willingham and Martin Fisher.
– News analysis and general yankee-ness brought to you by Steve Ragan.
– You can find out more about this motley crew at the website.
Announcement, Gossip, and Smack Talk
– Welcome again to Episode 4 of the SFS Podcast. Follow us on Twitter (@SFSPodcast) where we’ll be tweeting about new episodes & interviews.
– The podcast is intended to fill the gap between the technical podcasts on security and Security Now. We’ll be focusing on operations, leadership, and news items that you may have missed the week before.
– We want the podcast to be friendly, funny, and make it so you can listen to it with your kids in the car. Nothing against Pauldotcom and Exotic Liability (we listen to them too!) but we wanted to do something a little bit different…
News and Other Items of Distraction
– More on Google and Aurora
Google is using the Aurora issue as “justification” for keeping as much data as possible on us. And you wonder why Andy doesn’t like Google.
Microsoft knew about the vulnerability that Aurora exploited way back in August 2009. Were they irresponsible for not patching it already?
– Problems with Authentication
AT&T sends users to others social media accounts.
All your passwords belong to us. I really hope you are more creative than this.
– Social Media Woes
Careful who you let “follow” you on social media sites
– Where does IS fit in your organization
Upcoming Features & Events
– “Redneck Security Moment of the Month”
– The Atlanta Shmoopedition (Last Call For Riders!!!!)….
Playing Your Part
– Did you like the podcast? Great! Andy really wants a MBP17…no matter what he says to the contrary…
– Did you not like the podcast? Tell us how we can do better by reaching out to us on the discussion boards. We’ll read each one – we promise!