Episode 5 - Martin learns how to use the mute button (then he forgets)
– Your co-hosts are Andy Willingham and Martin Fisher.
– News analysis and general yankee-ness brought to you by Steve Ragan.
– You can find out more about this motley crew at the website.
Announcements, Gossip, and Smack Talk
– Welcome to Episode 5 of the SFS Podcast. We’re back with our second interview with a Southern Belle who rocks the world of Information Security. Tune in to find out all you ever wanted to know about Jennifer Jabbusch and listen to Andy, Martin and Steve pontificate on the news.
– Follow us on Twitter (@SFSPodcast) where we’ll be tweeting about new episodes & interviews.
– The podcast is intended to fill the gap between the technical podcasts on security and Security Now. We’ll be focusing on operations, leadership, and news items that you may have missed the week before.
– We want the podcast to be friendly, funny, and make it so you can listen to it with your kids in the car. Nothing against Pauldotcom and Exotic Liability (we listen to them too!) but we wanted to do something a little bit different…
News and Other Items of Distraction
– Ponemon validates the CISO
– Get your head out of the cloud or your @&& may be on your shoulders
– Do we owe the Chinese an apology?
Interview with Jennifer Jabbusch
– Martin sits down with JJX to talk about life, security, and Asian women.
– Notice how Martin conveniently schedules interviews when Andy isn’t available. :)
– Notice how Martin is the person all of the nice interviewees want to talk to… ;-)
– In all seriousness, the audio quality of the interview isn’t 100% (Skype drops and Martin thinking he was muted) but what Jennifer has to say is so good we want to be sure you get a listen.
Upcoming Features & Events
– “Redneck Security Moment of the Month”
– Atlanta NAISG February Meeting
Playing Your Part
– Did you like the podcast? Please leave us feedback on the discussion boards, in ITunes, or via email, twitter or face-to-face.
– Did you not like the podcast? Tell us how we can do better by reaching out to us on the discussion boards. We’ll read each one – we promise!
– We’re looking for what you’d like to hear us talk about in regards to leadership topics or other main discussion points.