Episode 1 - Take 2
– Your co-hosts are Andy Willingham and Martin Fisher.
– News analysis and general yankee-ness brought to you by Steve Ragan.
– You can find out more about this motley crew on The Staff page.
II. Announcement, Gossip, and Smack Talk
– Welcome to episode 1 Take 2 of the SFS Podcast. Follow us on Twitter (@SFSPodcast) where we’ll be tweeting about new episodes & interviews. The original episode 1 ended up on the cutting room floor so we’re back from the holiday break and trying it again.
– The podcast is intended to fill the gap between the technical podcasts on security and Security Now. We’ll be focusing on operations, leadership, and news items that you may have missed the week before.
– We want the podcast to be friendly, funny, and make it so you can listen to it with your kids in the car. Nothing against Pauldotcom and Exotic Liability (we listen to them too!) but we wanted to do something a little bit different…
– Check out the rest of the site: Discussions and feedback, the blog,
III. News and Other Items of Distraction
A. EMC/RSA acquires Archer Technologies to further their IT GRC offering.
B. Gartner buys Burton Group
C. Kingston Recalls USB Flash Drives
D. Predictions for 2010
This is where we jump on the prediction bandwagon and tell you your security future. Look into the crystal USB drive and give me your PII.
IV. Upcoming Features & Events
– Atlanta NAISG meeting is 01/13/09 – Details to be announced soon.
– “Redneck Security Moment of the Month”
– The Atlanta Shmoobus….
– Interviews – We have our first interview lined up for the next episode and it promises to be a good one. We’re not telling who it is yet (yes, we do know who it is) but it is someone that
that you probably haven’t heard interviewed on another podcast. At least not in a long time.
V. Playing Your Part
– Did you like the podcast? Great! We like 20’s and 50’s with non-sequential serial numbers…
– Did you not like the podcast? Tell us how we can do better by adding comments below. We’ll read each one – we promise!